Humans have been gambling for many thousands of years, with games like blackjack tracing their history far into the past, however there has never been a time quite so exciting for gamblers as the 21st century. In fact, for several thousand years gambling was something that wasn’t even done in casinos, taking on a more low-key and non-commercialised appearance. By the 17th century, however, Venice had established their fast proper kingcasino, and this is what sparked the commercialisation of the gambling world.
And if you want to see the extent of 21st century gambling’s commercialisation you must only look to the online slot industry, something that now accounts for over 30% of all global gambling revenue, with billions coming in each year. People understandably go bonkers for online slots, however there are a few signs and symptoms that you should avoid slots sites too. Read on for an exploration…
Some benefits of slot gambling
First though, it’s important not to think that there aren’t any benefits of slot gambling, despite the fact that there can be times where you really should stop. Just like everything, it is important to enjoy slot gambling in moderation, and in doing so you can enjoy some of the clear benefits:
- Increased happiness: There’s no better feeling than winning a few slot spins, and slot gambling can promote more happiness in your day-to-day life.
- Improved cognition: Contrary to popular belief, slot gambling does actually take a lot of concentration, and it is proven to help with cognition.
- Healthy bank balance: Okay, this only applies for successful slot gamblers, but the pay out rates of modern titles are so good that slot gambling can result in a pretty healthy bank balance.
Problem gambling: What is it?
Nobody can argue with the fact that there are multiple important benefits of slot gambling, however at the same time it is very important not to ignore the possibility of so-called problem gambling. Problem gambling is the term given to gambling addiction, and slots can be an easy route in.
There are multiple things in place to discourage problem gambling, however, and in reality the vast majority of slot gamblers around these days have no trouble sticking to their limits.
Signs you should stop visiting slots sites
Despite the fact most people can gamble freely without problems, some are more susceptible to a gambling addiction. This doesn’t have to be a bad thing though, it is just important to know the signs you should stop visiting slots sites:
- Lack of hobbies: If you are slowly running out of other hobbies than slots it is probably a sign that you should cut down your gambling.
- Unhealthy bank balance: In the same way that slots can make your bank balance healthy, they can also most definitely make it unhealthy. It’s time to get off slots sites if you can no longer afford them.
- Lethargy: Online slots don’t require any physical effort to play, and if you find yourself becoming a couch potato it’s time to stop.